Help for Your Practice and Patients
With the wildfires throughout Southern California, we hope you, your staff, and loved ones are safe and well.
Resources are available for you and your patients.
If you or your practice have been affected, please reply to this email or call us at 800.615.1883.
If your VSP patients need replacement eyewear or eye care, call us at 800.615.1883. VSP members can have their benefits authorized or reinstated, even if they're not currently eligible to receive care.
How to Help Others
Patients in your community may be contacting you with a VSP Global® Eyes of Hope® disaster relief gift certificate received through the American Red Cross.
When you see a patient with a VSP Global Eyes of Hope gift certificate, you will be reimbursed by VSP® Vision Care. Simply follow the "Doctor Instructions" listed on the back of the gift certificate before processing the claim.
When American Red Cross is listed as the client name on the front of the gift certificate, patients must have*:
- a U.S. Social Security number;
- lost or damaged eyewear during a disaster;
- no vision insurance or no available benefits through existing vision insurance;
- not used another gift certificate in the last 12 months.
- Adults are eligible for an eye exam, an Altair® frame** with a retail value up to $115, and single-vision, lined bifocal, or lined trifocal lenses.
- Children are eligible for an eye exam, an Altair or Otis & Piper™ frame with a retail value up to $115, and single-vision, lined bifocal, or lined trifocal lenses; polycarbonate lenses are also covered.
Questions? Call VSP at 800.615.1883.
*Patient eligibility printed on the back of some gift certificates may list income guidelines; these do not apply during a disaster.
**Altair frames are available at no cost, call 800.505.5557 or visit altaireyewear.com.